Repair Kopitiam runs a few comprehensive courses to help communities adopt repair as a way of life. (Hint: You can click the courses to know more details and join)
The courses are:
1. Repair Coach Training – A 10-Sunday Course that prepares volunteers to be coaches to guide Repair Kopitiam visitors to fix their things. In this course, volunteers are taught to embrace repair to combat buy-and-throw-away culture as we move towards zero waste, to also build conscious consumption in Singapore and to drive authentic social inclusion at the community level around sustainability issues.
2. Repair Clinic – A 7-day program designed to encourage seniors in active aging by learning practical repair skills, nurturing problem solving abilities and managing the repair interest group platform to share repair ideas. You can EMAIL US to discuss the program for your group or organisation.
3. Handyman Series –
7-hour short courses that teaches repair skills for common everyday items in your home and office. These courses are designed for everyone who wants to learn the practical skills to fix electrical appliances, household items, plumbing, furniture, fittings, locks and more.
- Electrical Appliance Repair (Motorized Appliances) SL2-05
- Electrical Appliance Repair (Heating Appliances) SL2-06
- Bedroom and Bathroom Fixtures SL2-07
NOTE: These courses are approved for SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)* and National Silver Academy (NSA)* Grants.
4. Repair Hacks – A customized program to assist corporate or groups achieve the Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) through creating awareness among their employees about sustainability through repairs. EMAIL US to discuss your goals and budget.